Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hey all once again no sound.....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rfgggg

rfgggg

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

once again no sound.....cant figure what it is this time...its showing that i have no playback devices...its not even showing my webcam as a recording device...ive googled it looked on here and just gone back and did things that worked in the past but i still cant get sound....yes my speakers still work...i checked them by plugging them into my ipod...ive tried deleting the audio things from device manager and restarting nothing....ive even tried reinstalling the driver...i just dont know what to do....so please help.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

Can you please do the following so we can know the exact specs of your computer.

Taking a screen-shot with speccy

#3 rfgggg

rfgggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/GCpRqctz1RkbESyqgZYzOAz

there kind of depressing....and the audio used to be realtek digital audio....

#4 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

Ok well first of all let's clarify a few things.

1. Do you happen to know if your audio card is integrated on your motherboard, or do you have a separate audio card?

2. I see you have a usb audio device. Are these logitech headphones with a usb connection? If so, do these headphones work properly when plugged in.

Now you can try updating your drivers for your webcam as they are out of date. Get the 32 bit version.

Logitech Quickcam E2500 Driver

I would advice uninstalling your current webcam drivers before installing the new one.

Is the webcam working now?

Edited by bradumd, 26 October 2010 - 07:18 PM.

#5 rfgggg

rfgggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

ok...

1. yes my audio in integrated...im sitting here looking at it as i type...
2. no...that just appeared when i lost audio...i never use head phone ecept when other people are in the room....
and for the webcam i didnt know they were out of date...they have been on there since back in july i think...ill try updating them now....

#6 rfgggg

rfgggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

ok i updated the driver for webcam that showed up for recording device(usb one disappeared) then since windows firewall has almost never worked for me i replaced the two files of ipnat.sys and ipnatlp.dll and restarted did a system restore to 2 weeks ago because i was having problems with internet(windows firewall didnt work 2 weeks ago...)once it restarted windows firewall worked internet worked and audio worked....we had a power outtage internet failed on me once it came back up and over loaded and crashed the svchost.exe so my windows firewall service stopped now i cant get it restarted because of an error 5 access is denied...but i dont really need it i have avast! and it works....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users