Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not delete a music folder

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 smilezrcool

smilezrcool

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

I am trying to delete a music file folder on a flash drive but when i go to delete it I get the message file corrupted or unreadable. when i open the file all i see is 00000000.000 How can i delete this file. When I hover over it the file has 0 bytes. Thanks!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

Did you try to move anything important from that drive and format it?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:06 AM

Did you try to move anything important from that drive and format it?

no i do not remember doing anything like that. i think it was a music folder that i was trying to move from one conputer to another. i was just doing some house cleaning on the flash drive when i noticed it.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

Well, try what I just suggested then.

Edited by Broni, 27 October 2010 - 06:06 PM.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 jdukze

jdukze

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

You should try this free software called Unlocker, it has worked for me when I had trouble trying to delete folders that had 0 bytes and gave an error message when trying to delete. You can get it from here

Edited by jdukze, 27 October 2010 - 12:26 AM.

JDUKZE

The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does
anything.

Theodore Roosevelt

#6 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

You should try this free software called Unlocker, it has worked for me when I had trouble trying to delete folders that had 0 bytes and gave an error message when trying to delete. You can get it from here

I downloaded the program and it worked fine. Why does the program place a ebay icon on my desktop for the shortcut? Thanks!!!!

#7 jdukze

jdukze

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

I downloaded the program and it worked fine. Why does the program place a ebay icon on my desktop for the shortcut? Thanks!!!!

you can delete it, it must have placed the shortcut whilst installing the software. at least you got rid of that music folder thats good.Have a nice day.
JDUKZE

The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does
anything.

Theodore Roosevelt

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:42 AM

You might go into IE...and check the add-ons that are listed...to insure that all is as you want it.

If an ebay icon was part of your install, other items (e.g., toolbars) may also have been installed with the application.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users