Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think My Pc May Be Haunted...lol

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 splackavellie_ca

splackavellie_ca

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:27 PM

heres the deal...im sittin here online doin nothin really,only viewin this webpage....speakers are on but the volume is turned down all the way,im playing no music whatsoever and im hearin really really low music,now im home alone and at first i thought i was goin crazy,so i put my ears up to the speaker and sure enough i hear music...so i look around and i have no other programs running nothin just got this webpage open,so i closed it and still could hear sounds..only this time its a commercial...now im upstairs in my spare room...no TV's or radios nothing, are on in the house...so whats goin on...it aint a big deal..just kinda weird and tripped me out

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:59 PM

This is likely not it, but I had a friend who had made A program as a prank in which randomly blasted music with no way to turn it down (other than unplugging the speakers). I was just stating that to let you know that such a program is possible.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:10 PM

splackavellie_ca,

Just a thought, do you have a DSL connection? One other thing, are your speakers shielded? If it's a DSL connection, contact your DSL provider and ask for an RF filter to be placed on your DSL line. If not, see if changing the placement of your speakers changes the effect. Also make sure that there isn't a source of EMF close to your speakers.

Be (RF) Safe

Da Bleeping Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:16 PM

How far are you from the nearest radio station? Depending on your soundcard or speaker amp you may be picking up radio transmissions from a loose cable or just poor shielding in the amp. The signal you pick up gets transferred to the PC speakers by 'crosstalk' and voila, you hear voices/music.

Check your volume controls and make sure any input you are not using is muted - particularly the 'mic' input as this is the most sensitive. Play around while listening to the music, you should be able to work out which device it's coming from.

To see all volume controls double-click your loadspeaker in the system tray then click Options>Properties and tick everything.

Or you could just be crazy. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 21 November 2005 - 08:18 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 splackavellie_ca

splackavellie_ca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

lol..thanks guys...first off its not blasted..its really faint,secondly i got high speed cable,and theres no radio stations anywhere close to me.Also i played with the volume controls and muted them all and i still here stuff....my buddy just stop byand i told him bout it...his answer "Ever see the movie white noise"...lol,like i said its no a big deal or anything just kinda tripped me out at first

Edited by splackavellie_ca, 21 November 2005 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users