Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Activating Malawirebyte

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eranush

Eranush

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

Hi

Using indow XP for an HP Laptop. I am trying to get rid of Scurity Tools using your instructions on the web. I am currently on safe mode and downleaded all the necessary files and finally also download into program files all the Malawire files. I am doing doble click on the shortcut icon as well as directly from the program files folder but no respond. The program does not start!

If indeed I need to deactivate the default antivirus program, ho I do that from safe mode

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

Reference, please follow exactly, Security Tool Removal Guide..

If you continue to have problems executing the above...I suggest that you follow the instructions listed after Item 25 of the guide, which begin "If you are still having problems...".

Louis

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum!!

Security Tool can be a beast to get rid of.
Did you boot safe mode with networking or just normal safe mode?

Right click on the MalwareBytes icon on the destop and go to properties
Click the Find Target button at the bottom. It will open explorer and show all the MalwareBytes files
Right click on mbam.exe and rename it to anything else 123.exe will work.
The program should start then.
If you booted safe mode with networking update Mbam immediately
Then run the full scan.
It could take quite some time to run so go kill some time & check on it in about an hour
Let it remove everything that it finds
What I do at that point is to rename the exe file back to mbam.exe boot normal mode, run rkill and take another pass at it with malwarebytes
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users