Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to BackUP Data from the crash WinXP PC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tester2

tester2

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Hi guys I need your help, I got WinXP PC, External HDD & SystemRescue CD, my PC already crash not any more booting WinXP.
Now I like to know How to get my Important Data from crash PC, with out connecting to Network/Offline (or not connect to Internet)on my External HDD.

My PC HDD is fine, but not booting WinXP, so I want to get my data back on External HDD, with out connect to Network.

Thanks for your answers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

Do you have some way to boot an OS to be able to access your HDD? If not, you can download the UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) which will allow you to boot your system and then recover data from the HDD. However, you'll need another working system to be able to burn the CD.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#3 Hoothoot

Hoothoot

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

Do you have Windows Install CD? With it you can repair your system and acces Windows.

#4 tester2

tester2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

Do you have some way to boot an OS to be able to access your HDD? If not, you can download the UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) which will allow you to boot your system and then recover data from the HDD. However, you'll need another working system to be able to burn the CD.

thanks for this link, still i like to know is this UBCD will allow to save my data on external HDD, when i boot crash computer with UBCD.

I will burn this CD on working computer in frends home.

Please let me know my aim is to recover data from crash PC onto external HDD on SAME COMPUTER.

#5 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

"Do you have some way to boot an OS to be able to access your HDD? If not, you can download the UBCD (Ultimate Boot CD) which will allow you to boot your system and then recover data from the HDD. However, you'll need another working system to be able to burn the CD."
great idea, but i'm almost certain that you need an xp install cd to make a ubcd. just about any linux live cd will recover files also, and include a full blown OS to use in the meantime.

doesn't the system rescue cd copy files? have you tried using system rescue cd? does it have a file manager? i think it does, though i could be mistaken. i'm just considering the possibility that you could at this time, backup your files with what you have.

#6 tester2

tester2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

i already made a UBCD, just i like to know is this CD good to get my DATA on External HDD from same crash pc. I am using this cd on crash pc and external hdd is connected to same crash PC, so i like to know is this UBCD work or not with out using another computer.

thanks

#7 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

do you feel comfortable putting the disk in, booting it up, give it a little while to load, and plugging in the external?

i would do it.

i am not really an expert on ubcd though. i only checked it out a couple of times out of curiosity. if it was a linux cd, i could help you more.

#8 tester2

tester2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

or can i use this UBCD to recover my pc from virus like trojan, malware etc which is not booting. if i recover my pc then i no need to transfer data on another media. So i like to know how to clean virus by using UBCD.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users