Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Files Looks Like A Negative

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 student_in_need

student_in_need

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:37 PM

Please is someone able to help?!

For a while now whenever i have tried to play any type of video file (dvd or downloaded file) on any player (winamp, media player, divx, to name a few) it looks like a negative. The sound is fine but the picture isn't. I can't describe it any better than to say it looks like a photographic negative!

I have been told to download some codecs which i have done but none of these have worked. I don't understand why this has happened, everything used to work fine!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:40 AM

:thumbsup: to BC student_in_need,

Have you updated your video drivers lately? How many colours do you have set in Display Properties? (see Control Panel>Display)

To make it easier for people to help you, you need to give us some information about your system such as CPU type, RAM capacity, hard drive size, graphics card type, what version of windows and some details about your applications.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 student_in_need

student_in_need
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:29 PM

Not updated my video drivers that i remember, as it happened a while ago and have tried to download the latest versions of divx etc which hasnt worked. Colours set at 32-bit.

Windows XP
AMD Athlon 2400+
2.02GHz
48OMB of RAM
512MB
Not sure how to find out about graphocs card, not sure how to do this.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks!

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:36 PM

Click Start>Run and type dxdiag. In the window that opens at the bottom it says what version of Direct X you have. What is it? On the 'Display' tab it will tell you the name, manufacturer and chipset of your graphics/video card. Post them back please.

Just out of interest try downloading Irfanview and using it to open one of your videos.
Irfanview is a free graphic viewer for personal use, which can view and edit images and playback video. Download it from here.

What type of files are you opening, avi, mpeg, wmv?
:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users