Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ye Olde First Post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PositionJuxta

PositionJuxta

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:05 AM

Greetings, all!
I was unwillingly thrust into computers one rainy night about thirteen years ago when my friend, Weird Harold, drove two hundred miles to my door with some computer parts. Since I had sworn numerous times that I didn't want a computer, Harold came up with a compromise: he didn't bring me a computer, just parts and a nail. He pulled out of his box some memory, a motherboard, and a 486 CPU, which he put together and hung from the nail he pounded into my wall. Then he got out some cables, a floppy drive, a hard drive, a power supply, a little TV set looking thing, and a power cord, and assembled them on my coffee table next to the wall. Whoops! Motherboard too high. New nail hole a little lower in my wall so the cables would reach. Then, out of his pocket he pulled 5 or 6 floppy disks and began feeding them into the floppy drive. By midnite I was looking at a tiny screen that said "WINDOWS 3.1" Harold was very proud of himself. He said "See... you don't have a computer: just computer FUNCTION". Unfortunately, more often than not since that fateful nite it's been computer DISfunction. I have graduated to newer equipment since then, with more power to torment me, but none of it can match the outrageous class of a working motherboard hanging from a nail on my wall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:29 AM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users