Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not open Malware Antivirus program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dparks

dparks

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

I have downloaded the Malware Antivirus program. However when I try to open the shortcut I get a "windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access them.

Also when the program is donwloaded it never gets past the scan feature.

Can anyone help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:21 PM

Hi -
Are you refering to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program or another malware program -
Also can you please list the place that you downloaded from -

Thank You -

#3 dparks

dparks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

Thank you for your response. I am refering to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program and I downloaded it from bleeping computer.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hi again -
First Malwarebytes is not an antivirus program , it works with your A/V to help you - Try this first -
Please list your antivirus program and any installed Firewall -
To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully
Windows XP:
  • Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here
It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important
After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only
Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.
You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :thumbsup:
Minor edit to suit the topic -

Edited by noknojon, 25 October 2010 - 11:36 PM.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

Also, are you using AVG?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users