Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sqrl Blue Screen Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deankeddy12343

deankeddy12343

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:21 PM

hope im posting in the right area.

hello there here is the basics of my problem as i can see.
i start up my comp (ethernet cord not plugged in) and it works fine..
i turn off my computer and plug in my ethernet cord which is connected to a Linksys WRT54G latest firmware router and while im on my xp home desk top..a blue screen pops up and says driver_irql_not_less_or_equal follow these steps to fix blah blah blah..non the less i folow the instructions but they do nonthing...this could be part of the problems, we have 2 computers connected to the internet through the router and one wirelessly, well i have been changing my ip to Static so i can port forward and the other connected comp is Dynamic, could this be part of my problem ?

hope you can help me out thanks again

Edited by deankeddy12343, 21 November 2005 - 02:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:59 PM

Most likely cause - corrupted driver (parameter 2 will tell you what IRQ the device in question is using)
Next - mismatched RAM
Next - corrupted pagefile

From this link:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article.)
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

* Error Message with RAM Problems or Damaged Virtual Memory Manager {KB 810093} Win XP Home (during restart)
* “STOP:0xD1” Error Message When You Start Your Win XP-Based Computer {KB 316208} Win XP
* Stop 0x000000D1 Error Message When You Turn Your Computer Off {KB 317326} Win XP (with USB device(s) connected)
* “STOP 0x000000D1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys” Error Message When You Try to Shut Down the Computer {KB 810980} Win 2000, Win XP (Logitech mouse with outdated MouseWare software)
* STOP 0xD1 error message when you start your Win XP-based computer {KB 839876} Win XP (ACPI issue, a Hotfix is available)
* WRQ AtGuard Program Causes Error Message in Win XP {KB 319870} Win XP (AtGuard versio

TROUBLESHOOTING
WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES
Last updated November 7, 2005
Hold mouse here for list of most recent changes.
Receive notice whenever this page is updated.

STOP Messages literally mean Windows has stopped! These appear only in the NT-based operating systems: Win NT, Win 2000, and Win XP. Most are hardware issues. STOP messages are identified by an 8-digit hexadecimal number, but also commonly written in a shorthand notation; e.g., a STOP 0x0000000A may also be written Stop 0xA. Four additional 8-digit hex numbers may appear in parentheses, usually unique to your computer and the particular situation.

NOTE: Many users search this site for the word minidump which often accompanies these Stop Message errors. The fact that a memory minidump occurred tells you nothing except what you already know — that there was an error. It is the name of the error condition and its 8-digit number that help you determine the actual error condition.

If a message is listed below, but has no articles or explanation (nothing but its number and name), post a request on the AumHa Forums asking about it. STOP messages of this type are rare, obscure, and usually only of interest to programmers debugging their code. Real-life scenarios of a computer user encountering them are unlikely, so I’ve made it a lower priority to document them here; but we’ll be happy to address this in the Forum (which also will tip me off that I should add more to this present page).

General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages

If you can’t find a specific reference to your problem, running through the following checklist stands a good chance of resolving the problem for you. This checklist is also usually the best approach to troubleshooting some specific Stop messages, such as 0x0A and 0x50.

1. Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.
2. If you’ve recently added new hardware, remove it and retest.
3. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer.
4. Make sure device drivers and system BIOS are up-to-date.
5. However, if you’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.
6. Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.
7. Confirm that all of your hardware is on the Hardware Compatibility List. If some of it isn’t, then pay particular attention to the non-HCL hardware in your troubleshooting.
8. Check for viruses.
9. Investigate recently added software.
10. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

NOTE: When a STOP message occurs, Windows can create a debug file for very detailed analysis. To do this, it needs a workspace equal to the amount of physical RAM you have installed. If you resize your Win XP pagefile minimum to less than the size of your physical RAM, you will get an advisory message that your system may not be able to create a debugging information file if a STOP error occurs. My advice is to go ahead with this change if you want, but simply remember the limitation so that you can change it back if you need to troubleshoot STOP messages. Some general troubleshooting principles are suggested in the Resource Kit for approaching STOP messages overall.

* Troubleshooting Stop messages: General Strategies
* Troubleshooting Specific Stop Messages
* MSDN List of Win XP STOP Messages (If not a complete list, this one certainly is extensive!)
* Blue Screen Preparation Before Contacting Microsoft {KB 129845} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP (General remarks on STOP messages)

Also, see these links:
http://www.osronline.com/ddkx/ddtools/bccodes_2zdz.htm

Edited by usasma, 21 November 2005 - 03:04 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

Darned thing wouldn't let me put in this link until I closed the fast reply: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...md_stp_ottj.asp
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users