Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AION MMORPG account hacked, maybe keylogger

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SeaPhor

SeaPhor

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

My wife plays Aion MMORPG and received an "In-Game" email saying her account was going to be suspended unless she went to www.ncsoftn.com << the "n" at the end is the bogus key for a redirect, not knowing any better she wrote it down verbatim and went there and it does go to (or look like) ncsoft's site. Her account password was changed so she couldn't login, and gave a IP address that i nmap'd to Germany. we were going to get me an account for and buy Aion for me anyways so we did and assigned it to my ncsoft account, so that she could play until her account was cleared up. st played the game on my account and my account got banned for spreading these in-game emails, and they attempted to change my ncsoft password as well. so something is on this box, a key-logger or something, any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:43 PM

Wasn't a keylogger. That is what we call social engineering and a phish attempt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users