Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System File Checker error message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

winxp tab ed sp 3 on thinkpad X41

I got these Event Viewer messages when I ran system file checker.
The system file c:\windows\ime\imjp8_1\imjprw.exe & c:\windows\ime\imkr6_1\applets\hwxkor.dll could not be copied into the DLL cache. The specific error code is 0x000003e3 [The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.]. This file is necessary to maintain system stability.

Following the more info link got me the "no more info available" message. There are no files in the above folders w/ hide protected os files unchecked but there are copies in Windows\lastgood\system32\dllcache and windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\lang [imjprw.exe] as well as Windows\system32\dllcache.

I ran SFC because the onscreen keyboard won't open once windows loads. The one that appears when you CTRL+ALT+DEL so you can "type" in your password loads and works, but when I click on the icon in the quicklaunch area I get an error message that tabtip.exe has crashed that mentions faulting modules ntdll.dll & kernel32.dll. I've had a lot of problems w/ dll's going bad and SFC solved some of them, which is why I tried running it.

Should I copy the imjprw.exe & hwxkor.dll files from LastGood or ServicePackFiles to the folders mentioned in the SFC Event Viewer messages and run SFC again? Does SFC actually check the files in the dllcache and only copy over the ones it thinks need to be replaced? I'm assuming SFC was trying to copy the files to Windows\system32\dllcache.

Event Viewer said that SFC completed successfully, so I'm also assuming these were the only files with which it had a problem.

For the onscreen keyboard problem [MS Tablet PC Component] problem I tried repairing .net framework before running SFC. I have 1.1, 2 SP2, 3 SP2 & 3.5 sp1. That was the only solution suggestion I could find googling.

Any ideas how I can get my onscreen keyboard back?
mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaryBet82

MaryBet82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

I've been reading more on SFC and it copies the files from c:\windows\system32\dllcache to c:\windows\system32. A search showed that the files are in dllcache but not in system32, so the problem must be in the "thread exit or application request" which I don't know what to do about.

Google search showed hwxkor.dll to be Microsoft Korean Handwriting Recognizer, which I don't need. imjprw.exe is also a MIME file to do w/ entering complex characters and symbols. I think it's for Japanese, which I'm also not using.

I'm thinking the SFC error message was an error. I don't think I need either file for system stability.

I have set my text services via Regional & Language Options in Control Panel so I can toggle between English and Russian keyboard as I'm trying to learn Russian. That's been working ok except the Russian umlaut e comes out as just a dot. I'm guessing that function involves a MIME file, but not either of the files IDed by SFC.

Another winxp day, another 20 questions.
mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users