Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and Keyboard won't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wimtalker

wimtalker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

I have a cpu (Dell Optiplex) running windows XP Pro that I just saved from the recycle pile. It's not that old and could be a good machine. However, a service takes care of these cpus and makes them so that people can't add anything to the cpus such as more memory or new keyboards or mice. Does anyone know how to unblock something like this? I tried restore factory settings in bios but that didn't work. Please let me know if you can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi wimtalker, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

In the movie "Cool Hand Luke" there is a famous quote... "What we have here is failure to communicate". And I suspect that is part of what is happening here. :thumbsup:

First, when you refer to a CPU, are you referring to a PC (Personal Computer)?

What service are you referring to?

Adding RAM or making any other physical changes that don't involve changes to the BIOS that the manufacturer may have locked can be made.

Would you please post the model of the computer?

Edited by dc3, 25 October 2010 - 03:29 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

Please use the following software to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users