Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant get browser to work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tinkersome

tinkersome

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

can get emails but cant use a browser....and have to unplug to get to to work can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

You can try this.
Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.

Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.

Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tinkersome

tinkersome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

sorry got busy with work.....i checked the proxy it is not checked.....the error message i get is......"internet explorer has stopped working.....a problem caused the program to stop working....windows will close program and notify you if a solution is available".....it is...windows vista home premium...c/r 2007....service pack #2....there are 2 computers in the house and this one is the only one having problems with internet....as far as the unplugging to get it unfroze i'm not sure if it is the same problem or not?.....this is my bosses wife's computer so i'm not familair with all the errors they have been getting.....can anyone help???

.......after reading many post on here.... it seems it was norton 360 i uninstall it(she had both avg and norton running)
and everthing seems to be working ok now....but i cant remove the shortcut off her desktop says it cant find file/directory...is there some "vista" secret to be able to remove it??

Edited by tinkersome, 28 October 2010 - 12:56 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

Ok, Yes Norton is a trouble maker. What AV will you install?

Try using this. Norton Removal Tool
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 tinkersome

tinkersome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:18 PM

boopme,
she has the free version of avg already...i will try the norton remover this evening....thank you for your help!
tinker

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

You're welcome!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users