Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Halloween is coming this Sunday - take cover

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John Bull

John Bull

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

The dreaded Halloween is coming this Sunday evening.

Trick or treat, knocking at the door when you are eating or watching TV or doing something else that does not favour an interruption.

Give `em a treat for Christs sake or your car will be sprayed with graffiti, the wing mirrors bent back or the wipers pulled off.

I fear the damned night coming, but have a few coins ready to pacify the potential vandals.

What are your comments ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

I love Halloween. The kids are so cute.
In this area kids are taught not to go to a house with no porch light turned on.

This year trick or treating will be on Saturday night from 5 - 6:30pm. All kids, young and old will be out in full dress. Even if I am the one at home passing out the treats I find it to be great fun.

The worst around here is the football coach's house getting a TP dress but the team cleans it up the next day. :thumbsup:

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:27 PM

Im not a big fan of halloween, not in the least bit, kids don't get any candy from me, period. A big part of it is my personal beliefs. The kids are cute though lol.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

Thats what I forgot at the store tonight! Candy. Oh well the 5 kids who might show up will have to suffice with something else eating a whole bag of reeses isn't good for me.

Posted Image

#5 _Ben_

_Ben_

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

Living in Australia, I've never really experienced Halloween much further than a few young kids coming to the door at some inconvenient time
(I wonder if they use the same timetable as telly callers from India :thumbsup: ).

I guess at least there isn't a worry of your car being graffitied on if you don't give them any candy.

#6 castoffpolite

castoffpolite

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

I'm not a general Halloween person, no kids and I live way out in the middle of no where, but I associate with people that have kids and enjoy the Halloween do whaas. A writer friend is a Halloween person and she did up her pumpkin and set it out on her back deck area to enjoy it before the big night, and she got some surpises. This link is to her blog, and it's funny. check this out and enjoy.

Pumpkins and Wildlife

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

I like Haloween, thanks for reminding me about it!
The kids really are cute.

In this small town, theres a lot of kids.
The good thing is that this town is safe, very kid aware and friendly.
The Police are giving out free glow in the dark trick or treat bags with safety tips on them.

The kids downtown come to my place all the time because they know I always have a variety of good candy.
I hardly ever get any of it. The moochers eat it all!!
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users