If you have a Windows XP installation CD, please try this first:
You will need a blank CD, the Windows XP install disc, a clean computer and a flash drive.Please print this guide for future reference and save it in the USB drive!
Please follow the steps below and let me know if you were successful. Please tell me what error messages you got and/or what steps you got hung up on.1. Download the PE Builder to your desktophttp://www.nu2.nu/download.php?sFile=pebuilder3110a.exe
2. Insert your XP CD with SP1/SP2/SP3 into a CD Rom drive
- Double-Click on the PE Builder that you just downloaded to your desktop.
- Follow all of the instructions/prompts that come up.
- Double-Click on PE Builder.exe located on your desktop.
- Click NO to Search for Windows Installation Files
- Make the following selections from the Main Screen that pops up:
- Source: (path to Windows installation files)
- Enter the path to the drive where your XP CD is located.
- You can click on the "..." button on the right to navigate to the path as well.
[*]Custom: (include files and folders from this directory)
- No information is necessary, leave blank.
3. Click on the "Build" button
- Media output
- Do not choose Burn to CD/DVD
- Download the RunScanner plugin and save it to your desktop
Please note: You will be prompted for the folder that it shall be saved. By default it appears as runscanner10025. It should be modified to just runscanner <--- Important!!!
- Press the Plugin button on the PE Builder interface
- Press the Add button and navigate to the location of the RunScanner plugin to install
- Please note: If you are using a Windows XP disc with sp2 then highlight RpcSS needs to launch DComLaunch and then press Enable
- When your done press Close and the PE Builder interface will re-appear
4. Burn your ISO file to CD
- You will see the Windows EULA message. Click on I Agree
- You will now see the Build Screen. Let it run it's course
- When the Build is finished you can click close, then exit
From your clean computer..
Please download OTLPE.zip
and save it to a flash drive.http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTLPE.ziphttp://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/OTLPE.zip
Double click and unzip OTLPE.zip
to its own folder on your flash drive. Name it OTLPE <-- Important!!
Plug your flash drive into your sick computer now and do as instructed below..
==========1. Restart Your sick Computer Using the PE Builder ISO CD That You Have Created
- Insert the CD in to one of your CD/DVD drives.
- Restart your computer.
- The computer should choose to boot from the CD automatically. If it doesn't and you are asked if you want to boot from CD, then choose that option.
- Once the desktop appears, you will receive a message asking: Do you want to start Network support?
- After it loads press the Go button in the lower left and do this....
- Screen Resolution
- A43 File Management Utility
In A43File Management
you should see your flash drive
Navigate to the OTLPE
folder that you saved to your flash drive.
Open the OTLPE
folder and double click Start.cmd
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTLPE should now start
Change the following settings
- Change Services, Drivers, Standard and Extra Registry to All
- Uncheck LOP and Purity check
Please note: Stay with your computer during the course of the scan. If "Entry Point Errors" are encountered simply press "ok" and allow the program to continue. <-- Important!!
- Copy and Paste the following code from your flash drive into the textbox. Do not include the word "Code"
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.exe /s
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
- A report will open named "OTL.txt" (C:\OTL.txt) . Save this log's to your flash drive. Copy and Paste this in your next reply.
No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.
If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!