Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! CD/DVD copy Software Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

I have a Dell computer (Windows XP Pro) that came with a bundled version of Roxio Creator. It was working fine. I mostly want it to burn data DVDs and copies of my CD collection.

Then I purchased a copy of basically the same program (though I didn't know that at the time), the red box cheap version of the program. My thinking was that I would get more features if I was putting money in the company till. Wrong.

After I uninstalled the Dell version and installed the Red Box version (Easy CD and DVD Burning), I burned a few DVDs and then I started getting error messages, and the advanced information cited various DLLs. This is the original message:

Px.dll: 4.16.15.0
PxAFS.DLL: 4.16.15.0
pxdrv.dll: 1.2.47.0
PxMas.dll: 4.16.15.0
PxSFS.DLL: 4.16.15.0
PxWave.dll: 4.16.15.0
pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

It just listed these DLLs. CDs burn fine.

I started posting in the Roxio forum and really didn't get any useful information about how to resolve this issue.

Then I downloaded NeroLite Burn and had problems with that as well.

So I uninstalled it and reinstalled the Dell Roxio, since it was working fine before.

Not.

Now I'm getting a new error message after it fails to burn a DVD:

Sense: 03 ASC: 0C ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)
-------------------------------------------------------
Px.dll: 4.4.48.500
PxAFS.DLL: 4.4.48.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.2.30.0
PxMas.dll: 4.4.48.500
PxSFS.DLL: 4.16.15.0
PxWave.dll: 4.4.48.500
pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

And I'm not getting any help from the Roxio people.

Anybody have insight into what is going on here, why all of a sudden those DLLs are an issue, and most importantly, how can I burn DVDs again?

Oh...one more thing I noticed is the burning speed fluctuates and even dips below 1X at times. Yesterday I tried burning a DVD and got the usual estimated time of about 20 minutes, and then about ten minutes into the burn the speed dipped to 0.80x and the new estimated time of completion shot up to well over an hour. I just replaced this CD/DVD rom about six months ago.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

I would suggest uninstalling that sonic/dell/roxio software then treating the remnants like an infection and carefully removing.

Glad to help, but all my experience with fixing these issues involves removing the software and then replacing with good programs like Nero or Imgburn.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users