Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gen:Trojan.RegistryDisabler.bifdaabxdFei

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 astro202

astro202

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

Hi
Two years ago my wifes PC was infected with a virus/trojan and my search brought me to this forum so I joined and the virus she had was described in detail so I followed one post and was able to clean her PC. It was a virus/trojan posing as an Antivirus program instructing to scan the computer to clean it which she obviously did.

My wifes PC is now infected again with what Bitdefender's free online scanner named Gen:Trojan.registryDisabler.bifdaabxdFei. It is the same type of thing that indicates her PC is infected and to run the scan but this time it stated it was a Microsoft removal program.

I apologize for not posting the requested info when asking for help to detect a virus but I do not have a printer attached to this PC to print out the instructions. I will do so from another PC if you are familiar with the virus she has on her PC so that I may receive help from you.

This virus/trojan has limited what I can do on her PC such as: unable to launch task manager, unable to launch regedit, stops online scanning, will not allow to fully complete Bitdefenders antivirus program to complete (although it has already cleaned some of the virus/trojan), popups stating DLL files are unable to operate, and much more.

Thank you for your time and hopeful response.
Craig

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hello,

In order to assist you, we do need to see those logs along with a description of the computer issues. Infections these days are often unique as are people's computer and software setups which means often a specialized approach is necessary to remove the infection, hence, the request for logs.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 astro202

astro202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Thanks you for the reply Orange Blossom. I will try to get you the logs you request and post as per your instructions. I printed out the instructions on my work computer today and will get back on my wifes PC and see how far I can get with the list of logs that you need.
Thanks again
Craig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users