Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard replaced

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sailor82

sailor82

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:43 AM

Hello,

Heard a lot about this site from my friend whose laptop problems were completely resolved by advice from this site. Hoping someone can help me as i am in a big mess with my laptop.

Got a HP Pavillion dv6700 orignally installed with windows Vista basic 32 bit, Processor Intel®CPU T2080 @ 1.73 ghz(2CPUs)core2 duo, RAM 3072, Realtek high definition audio driver, NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600

Now the big problem is that my Laptop crashed, went to a local repair shop and he informed me that the motherboard is gone, so will have to replace it. I got it replaced following that the dealer showed me that the hard drive and dvd drive also gone for a toss, so got new hard drive and dvd drive. The dealer installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit(not orignal).

Have a series of issues.
To start with my audio is not working and can't seem to get the hp webcam and fingerprint device also and don't know what else as it is a clean slate. Did a lot of resarch online and found out that the motherboard that was replaced is 6137tx (from HP support site auto detection) and it is quanta 30 BC (from software tune up utilities).This is definately not same as the orignal motherboard.

Downloaded various driver softwares like driver robot, driver MD etc. and since they are all paid i tried to download the drivers individually.

Previously had a Realtek High definition Audio driver whereas now with this motherboard it shows Conexant high definition audio. Have tried installing conexant driver for vista and also for windows 7, but nothing seems to work.

Also this mboard shows NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400, now when i open the laptop to a wider angle sometimes there are red lines and all display gets a fuzzy red background when i adjust the lid to shallow angle it disappears..

FYI can access the internet and the Laptop is working much faster with windows 7 and before crashing i checked the compatibility for windows 7 and it was fine but i guess now the motherboard is diffrent so that changes everything.

Have spent loads of money and time getting it to work....Please help!!! Any help is more than welcome.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:17 AM

Since you have paid to have this work done, you should return the laptop to the place of repair. If the problem with the display is caused by incorrect assembly or the motherboard they've fitted is faulty, they need to be alerted to this and requested to correct the problem.

Is the Windows 7 a legitimate retail copy you have purchased? If the Windows installation is not legitimate, we will be unable to help with it. HP do not provide Windows 7 drivers for the DV6137tx, but Vista drivers may operate satisfactorily for some hardware under Windows 7.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 sailor82

sailor82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

Won't be any help to go back to the repair shop, i know they are stupid...

Should i get a orignal copy of windows 7 and then try. But read online that might have to go back to Vista, so really confused what to do?

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:41 AM

Yes buy a the legitimate of Windows 7 but buy the Home Premium to save money rather then the ultimate version.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:49 AM

Unless you have an alternative use for Windows 7 (the retail Windows license can be transferred between computers), it would probably be best to confirm if drivers can be found before committing to a purchase.

One of the problems with laptops is that the laptop manufacturer might have used hardware like a sound chip a little bit different to standard, so they have to create their own matching driver to have it work.

If that's the case here, as far as drivers go it won't make a difference which type of Windows 7 is installed. You might need to go back to Vista, even though 7 is acknowledged to be better. Another possibility is that if Vista is already installed with fully functional drivers, a Windows 7 update might then be able to keep using the existing Vista drivers.

Do you have a Vista installation DVD for the original system? If you do, it would still technically be a valid license, as the motherboard replacement is a repair. If the system only had a HDD recovery partition, or a recovery DVD that won't install on the new board, you would be entitled to use a borrowed OEM Vista DVD to re-install Vista.

Edited by Platypus, 25 October 2010 - 06:50 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users