Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Advice on building a Sever Client Communication System

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 raziiq

raziiq

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

Hey there.
What we are trying to do is, we are going to build a system in which our server is the control center. Different users are going to communicate with the server using their unique IDs. They have to enter their request after login and Server will respond to those requests according to the User.

I am a little confused on how should I go with this System. I have a few General queries regarding this setup

1- Should I develop an App or a Software for the Clients (Users ) which can communicate with the Server somehow and respond to their requests or should I use a Website which Clients can access from their Devices (Mobile, laptop, Desktop)?

2- If i should go for Website, Is it a good Idea to Host a website locally on a PC instead of Hosting a Website on a Third Party Hosting Service?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users