Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Printer To Dell Lap Top

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flabob

flabob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:25 AM

[font=Georgia][size=2]

hey yall

i bought a new hp printer"5610v" and installed the software disc to install on my dell lap top (xp windows,512 mb). the disc wouldnt install, kept telling me a error.... D:\setup\hpsalo1.exe-m icepreshield,hpsecurity... also a window comes up saying " install consumerexperience shield plugin has encountered a problem..needs to close.

i phone hp tech...was on the phone with them for 2 hours...did everything 4 times....no go..same msgs came up..i even d/led from there site..same thing..

but when i put the disc in my dell desk top..i had no problem installing it....i need the printer on my laptop... :thumbsup:)) any ideas..thx for any help

bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donzo44

donzo44

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:54 AM

Hi

You 'did everything 4 times' using supplied disc? Then downloaded presumably to hard disc and retried from there?
If so that would rule out a faulty drive. The disc worked in another PC so.....would tend to suggest software running on laptop is causing problem.

Did you try installing in safe mode?
Did you try disabling start-up programs?

Regards

Bryan
Dual Opteron 250's, 1.6TB, youngest son still at home, large electricity bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users