Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Resume Loader question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NicoleKeeler

NicoleKeeler

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

So, we have this computer, its a desk computer.
The screen goes black continually. Not while we are on the computer, but after it has been sitting a minute. Usually, like on my laptop, if we move the mouse it will wake itself back up. It refuses to wake up. So we turn off the computer, wait for it to set itself up again. Is this a problem with the monitor? Or something else, is this normal?? That is my first question. I should probably post it in a different part, but maybe you can help me here.

SECOND question: So I just restarted the computer and this message reads:
The last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to resume again?

Continue with sustem resume
or
Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu

I have had this message before and always go with Continue with system resume. If I choose the other will something horible happen?
do what you do baby!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

It looks like you need to set your Power Settings.

Right click an empty spot on your Desktop, then choose Personalize. On the Personalize screen, in the lower right corner, you should see an icon labeled "Screen Saver".

Click that icon to bring up the Screen Saver window. In the drop-down menu labeled "Screen saver" you should see at least a half-dozen choices.

One of them is "Ribbons". Choose this, then click the Preview button. The small Preview window should start displaying a series of colored ribbons.

Now, click the drop-down menu again and choose "Blank". The Preview window should turn completely black. Is that what happens?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users