Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

using Minitool Power Data Recovery to save formatted drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HulaBear

HulaBear

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

Hello:

I mistakenly formatted a 1 terabyte drive and wish to use Minitool Power Data Recovery to save the data
onto another hard drive while preserving the original directory/folder/files structure. The support page
for this freeware is fairly clear on how to run the program and get to the point where LOST and RAW folders
are displayed. The LOST folder has many ROOT entries and the RAW folder has entries for many file types (BMP,
GIF, JPEG, etc.). I have been able to save files and then access the data on the output drive; many of the
images seem a bit corrupted, but many are OK. If any of you folks have much experience using the Minitool
Power Data Recovery software, please help me out with this task. Again, I want to save the recovered data
from the formatted drive onto the output drive so that there is the same directory tree (is that the correct
term?). Thanks!

----HulaBear

PS: The files found by the Minitool total more
than 2.8 terabytes from a 1 terabyte drive. What's
up with that?

Edited by hamluis, 25 October 2010 - 06:39 PM.
Moved from External Hardware to All Other Applications ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users