Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Class not registered" on everything

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 corpitmick

corpitmick

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Uninstalled adobe photoshop elements 8 with revo uninstaller.

It asked if I wanted to delete the leftover files, I said yes, and it proceeded to work on that for like 20 minutes.

Now, everything from Windows Defender to System Restore are "Class not Registered."

Amazingly, my internet still works although with all that I feel a little exposed.

I have that Tiny Watcher which reported that .net framework was changed from v4.0.30319 to v2.0.50727 which to my layman mind seems backward.

EDIT: Removed HJT log, this problem is not typically malware-related ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 24 October 2010 - 01:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,273 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

This "class not registered" situation...seems to arise in all versions of Windows and has nothing to with malware.

Google List, Class Not Registered

Vista References For This Error

It seems to me that it's the result of system files either missing or damaged, hence the wide variety of possible causes/contributors.

Since I don't do Vista, I can't go beyond the obvious.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users