Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I need this program?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marcycvsd

Marcycvsd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

My computer has been running slow. At one point a window popped up and said it was low on disk space so I looked in the add/remove programs section. I noticed that I have Microsoft.NET2Framework.0ServicePak2 taking up over 600mb of space and also Microsoft.NETFramework 3.0ServicePak2 taking up over 300 mb of space. Do I need both? Is the 3.0 an update?

Edited by Marcycvsd, 24 October 2010 - 10:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

There's no definitive answer because different versions of .NET Framework may be required for different apps. I recently had an issue with .NET Framework but my solution may not be appropriate for you. Here's the Wikipedia page so you can learn more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_.NET_Framework

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hi Marcycvsd -
I would leave all the M/soft .NetFramework items as they are - As the name says they are Framework to build on and are usually required items -
Can you list your total disk space and the available space - You may need to trim down on some other items via Add/Remove if you are overloaded -
Follow good clean up practices (read the advice above the forum header) and remove unused or older installed programs you may not use -
Run Disk Cleanup from Accessories>System Tools and defrag (same area) if you have enough space -
You may need to add another , or larger stick of RAM if the computer will allow it - Please answer the item in line 2 Re : space/available space -
Also list your Antivirus program , as some take twice the space as others -

Thank You -

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

I find the fact that anyone can be concerned about such small storage space...more of a concern than whether NET Framework needs to be installed.

I'd suggest a larger hard drive:).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users