Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 32bit - restarting problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Verna1

Verna1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:40 AM

Hello,

every time i restart windows, my DSL is disabled or it has and exclamation mark on it, or the waiting circle.
i have to disable it then enable, or "trouble-shoot problems" to fix it.

for the mic, is always turned on every restart, i have to right click the speakers icon then open volume mixer > and mute the mic so i won't hear my self by the speakers!.

i had this ever since i installed win7 never had it in XP, but now it's getting really annoying !

Computer info:

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Sound Name: Realtek High Definition Audio

Network Adapters: D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.c)

i would realy like having my DSL always on after every restart, and mic is muted when i click mute..
why doesn't windows listen to me :huh:

Thanx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dodes

dodes

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

First of all, how do you connect to the internet? You said you have a DSL line. Do you:

Run a wireless network and use a wireless adapter? If so, is this a USB adapter?
Run an ethernet cable straight from your router to your computer?
Run a USB cable straight from your router to your computer?
Have a built-in wireless card that you use to connect to your wireless network (again, if you even have a wireless network)

Furthermore, is this a desktop or laptop computer? Make? Model?

As for Realtek sound, you may see 2 speaker icons in your system tray (the default Windows speaker icon, and a rather tacky-looking orange speaker icon that will say Realtek when you hover your mouse over it). See if you can find a setting for your microphone in there.

If the microphone problem persists, and you don't need the microphone, you can look in the device manager and disable it (Start menu > Run > devmgmt.msc) Until then I'll look around and see if I can find a more permanent solution, one that doesn't involve disabling anything.
Windows 7 Pro x64
Biostar TH55B-HD
WD Corsair Black 500GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
G-Skill 2x2GB 1066 DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

#3 Verna1

Verna1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

i have a Desktop

Ethernet Cable to my 4 port Wireless router (speedtouch :THOMSON ST585)
no wireless card in my computer i have a (Gigabyte P35-DS3R motherboard)

network card (D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.C))
and built in Lan in the motherboard.

right now i'm using the built in lan. it seems it works better than dlink network card.
but still... not reliable!

why is this problem bothering me... cause i do a lot of remote working from my office, either from my mobile phone or my laptop.
sometimes i restart my computer remotely, but i don't get DSL connection at startup! i either get exclamation mark, or the blue circle.
of course i know this when i get home :-(

i already setup my Bios to wake up by lan and by wake on ring.

Thanx for you help...

Edited by Verna1, 05 November 2010 - 09:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users