Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network path not found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tim Brastow

Tim Brastow

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:16 AM

I decided to share a folder on my desktop so I can grab it on my laptop. However, when I try to access the desktop on my laptop, I get an error message saying "The network path cannot be found." This is the first time I have ever had this issue. The desktop runs Windows 7 32-bit Professional and the laptop runs Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

Here is what I can and cannot do:

What I CAN do:

View the other computers in my house
Remote desktop to either computer
Successfully ping the other computers by IP or computer name
The desktop can be accessed by our family computer in the living room

What I can NOT do:

As I said, access the computer to see my shared files and folders.
Access the family computer's shared files and folders.

If I can ping the desktop from the laptop with successful results and remote into it, then I don't think that the firewall is the issue. My laptop is in the same workgroup on the computer. I tried disabling IPv6, and File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is also enabled.

I think it's an issue on the laptop, because our family computer in the living room can access the computer's shared files without any problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hoothoot

Hoothoot

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:01 AM

Is your laptop protected by firewall? You only said about firewall on your PC; I had a similar problem and disabling the firewall solved it.
I have also additional question - do you try to connect to your PC with Wi-Fi network, or P2P?

Edited by Hoothoot, 24 October 2010 - 05:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users