Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie here

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LadyHawks33

LadyHawks33

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:28 AM

Hi all. I'm Diana...from Chicago area....not sure what else to say.
I just bought a Dell Inspiron 15R and I am trying to figure out why my laptop seems soooo slow even though I have a better system than before. I am in the process of figuring out which programs to keep and which to remove (because Dell seems to install a lot of junk on their computers), figure out which startup programs I am running and what I can delete, and keeping on top of the processes that always seems to be running on my Task Manager.

Info on my computer can be found below. Any help would be appreciated!

Inspiron 15R with Windows 7
Intel®Core™ i3-350M 2.26Ghz / 3M
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3
500GB 5400rpm

I turned off all Windows/McAfee security features and am now just running AVG Internet Security 2011 (full program, not trial).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users