Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatality Pro installation problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FunkusMunkus

FunkusMunkus

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi all. I recently acquired an X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro, the problem I have is that I get no sound from it at all. The drivers install from the CD but when I try to install the X-fi software I get the message - 'Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program.' On the card itself the model is SB0460 but the serial sticker is for an XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro and the card looks like one. I seen on some forums that OEM cards need different drivers but the card has no sign of being an OEM card.

I've been through the troubleshooting guide, all setting are correct and stereo headset is selected, I even get a crackle when I plug the headphones in but no sound when a game or MP3 is played. I've downloaded updated drivers but still nothing and my SB Live card worked fine. While my system is practically antediluvian, it's still above minimum spec.

I am missing something basic or is this a dead card? Any help is much appreciated.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: K7S5A
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 7 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~1295 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 02/04/2001
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Memory: 384 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Picture of card attached.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

Did you properly fitted in the sound card?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 FunkusMunkus

FunkusMunkus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hi killerx525,
Thanks for the response, but yes the card is definitely properly fitted - I made that mistake with a graphics card once.

#4 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

First thing I would try is to download the latest driver and software from Creative. Second since the fatal1ty pro series and champion series cards look identical if the pro software doesn't work I would try the champion software. You may have acquired a champion series without the 5 1/4" drive bay expansion.....
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#5 FunkusMunkus

FunkusMunkus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

Thanks Baltboy, I'll give that a go. Just downloaded Fatal1ty Pro software again - just to make matters worse, when I installed the software Windows refused to load past the initial Windows loading screen!! Had to use system restore to get the system working again. Let you know how I get on in a couple of days when i've got access to broadband - downloading 50 or so MB is no fun on dial-up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users