Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newly Created, Sub-user Email Address

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pendejo

pendejo

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

A feature of Outlook Express allows you to create additional email account addresses (sub-user). I created some, however my email recipients are not able to respond to me using the new addresses. All I receive is a notification of email "delivery failure."

I tried to register for a forum using the new email address; and a message said I had established an account and that I would receive an email to use to activate my account. However, I never received the email.

Anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:18 PM

Just out of curiosity, besides adding the identities did you also add the relevant SMTP information for the newly created identities? Just adding the identities, isn't enough. You need to set up the SMTP information too.

Be (SMTP) Safe

Da Bleeping Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users