Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion DV6500 won't start.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

Hello, I have this HP Pavilion DV6500 I purchased used on ebay. It was working great until last night. I turned it on and all the small blue lights that indicate it is starting turned on...for just a second and then nothing. I do same every time and same happens: No noise, nothing. The fan has zero debris from dust as I cleaned it 3 days ago with a can of compressed air. Laptop was working fine, no falls, not loaned to a crazy teenager, not used by clumsy Grannie as well. Power turns on for just a second and then turns off....I can do same operation forever without any other change. I charged the battery full...nothing, I changed that battery for my other same model laptop and nothing...I plugged it into AC and nothing.
HP Pavilion DV6500
Windows Vista Home
Intel Core Duo CPU
1.50 Ghz
160 GB HD
Service Pack 2

Thanks for any help or orientation.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users