Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding .jpg images to posts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WaylonJ

WaylonJ

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

Howdy,

There's a better than fair chance that I'm using the wrong forum section here, but this is the best I could come up with...

I'm attempting to get a diagnosis made of a nasty Google redirect problem we've been suffering with for a while, and before anyone casts me out of here right away: I have posted to the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs" forum board.

I'm having great difficulty getting started, however, because I can't get past Step 7 of the "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help" link (which is found under the "Forum Guidelines" heading of the aforementioned forum board). Consequently, I'd like to post a photo (.jpg) of a screen shot to the thread I started, but the "Insert Image" tool is prompting me for URL to the image file.

I've created and saved the screen shot as a .jpg file, but I don't know how to go about saving the image on the internet. Perhaps I'm putting this the wrong way, but when I think of a "URL" I, in turn, think of a location/address on the internet. Is there a way to link to your own PC? I've been around PCs for many years now, but this is one area that I'm [obviously] clueless about.

Thank you for your time,
WaylonJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

You have to host the image, first.
This tutorial will explain the process:
Inserting An Image Within A Post
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 WaylonJ

WaylonJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for your time, tg1911. Your post was received and read...now I'm going through the link you provided.

Thanks again,
WaylonJ

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

You're quite welcome, WaylonJ .
If you have any other questions, just ask.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 WaylonJ

WaylonJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

Now that you mention it, tg1911...I see that you're an administrator. As I alluded to in the original post, I'm having trouble getting past the Forum Guidelines section of the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs (VTS&MRL) board.

From what I've gleaned, these are the preliminary procedures one must run through to get the text files required for a diagnosis. Considering that I can't make it past said preliminary procedures, can you refer me to someone who might help us out with this? It's been quite a while now, and no one seems interested over on the VTS&MRL board.

For further information, please refer to the thread located here:
Can't get passed the preliminaries.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

OP's post has been responded to and has been worked in MRL :).

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 09 December 2010 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users