Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Windows Vista Laptop got the Blue Screen!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JHutch

JHutch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

Here are my computer Specs.

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire 4520
Processor: AMD Turion™ 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-52 1.60GHz
Memory: 1.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit OS

OK, I'm going to explain to the best of my ability what happened over the course of the month. Compared to the users on this site I'm probably considered a novice when it comes to computers so bear with me.

About a month ago I was browsing the internet when my computer first received the Blue Screen Of Death as it is called. I automatically shutdown my Laptop and rebooted it and it showed no signs of being affected by this incident. upon further use I started to see signs such as: the internet being slow, programs were lagging, Mozilla Firefox freezes and doesn't respond, then my Norton Anti virus started to detect threats randomly.

Such threats are as follows:

Network traffic from n16fa53.com matches the signature of a known attack. \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE
Attacking Computer (91.212.226.5, 443)

Network traffic from 01n02n4cx00.cc matches the signature of a known attack. \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE
Attacking Computer (194.28.113.21, 443)

Network traffic from 212.117.177.13 matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE Network traffic from Cikcpixelabn.com/TKi4j82e593ML5c3dmVyPTMuOTYmYmlkPW5vbmftZSZhaWQ9NDA1OTMmc2lkPTAmcmQ9MTI4NTIxMzYOMiZlbmc9c2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbSZxPW4xNmzhNTM=08x matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE

These are the three most common attacks that will happen as along as I'm connected to the internet. They are also considered high threats from Norton. As I am typing this I'm receiving attack and intrusion notices every so often but there all being blocked every time. Now that you have some examples i will now try to explain what I've down so far to try and fix these problems.

First I went to yahooanswers.com and posted my problem. I explained what I have explained here and took steps suggested by user answers. One step I took was downloading registry fix, and a Maleware protection or detection of some sort. I tried them they didn't seem to do much so I have already uninstalled them. i used the disk defragmentor on my laptop and that didn't seem to do much either.

So now I haven't done anything else to fix this except update Norton and thats it. I received the blue screen a couple more times after the first one. its 11/23/10 and i haven't had a Blue screen in two weeks. the original problems still remains as well as couple more new ones. When my computer hibernates i cant do ANYTHING to get out of hibernation except take the battery out of the computer. IT SUCKS!!! I'm very frustrated because this web page has frozen six times while writing this and I'm afraid that when I pull out the battery and restart my computer I'm hurting it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

P.S. Norton also tells me that i have high memory usage and high CPU usage. These are recently new types of notices.

Edited by hamluis, 23 October 2010 - 02:41 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zurrco

Zurrco

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

My suggestion is to backup all your pictures, music, documents etc and reformat then reinstall your OS. Some machines have a backup partition on the hdd that you can reinstall from by pressing f11 or f8 (it differs depending on the machine). It's called "system recovery" not to be confused with "system restore". If you don't have that option then reinstall by booting to the OS disk that came with your PC. That will take care of any infection on your laptop.
The PC, Taking OCD to a new level since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users