Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router setup problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Xterra1

Xterra1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

Hi there. I just bought this Westell VersaLink 327W off of a guy at a yard sale. It works perfectly with my cable internet, but I can't utilize the wireless. due to a security key on the device.
I run Win98SE. How do I remove this so I can use this thing with my Wii?

Edited by Xterra1, 23 October 2010 - 12:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

Hi Xterra and welcome to the forum!!

I have requested input from other staff members as this does involve a password removal.
Please be patient while topic is reviewed.

Thanks!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

My advice to you would be to contact the person who sold you the router to get all the documentation and assistance regarding your issue.

#4 Xterra1

Xterra1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Cryptodan, that would be a good thing, if I didn't buy this router at a yard sale. Yes, I bought it at a yard sale.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

You may want to contact Westell for support information regarding your second hand device.

#6 SAFER

SAFER

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Try to reset the router. on the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 this should open the router installation, then follow the creen directions and eventually will ask for new password or security key. enetr your own set of keys and you should be set.
Good luck

#7 Xterra1

Xterra1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

Try to reset the router. on the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 this should open the router installation, then follow the creen directions and eventually will ask for new password or security key. enetr your own set of keys and you should be set.
Good luck

I've tried that- it won't load up unless I use the prompt and use IPCONFIG- and then the router wants a DSL line. Could anyone help me with that? I want to fully enable my Wii's capabilities.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,566 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

<<...but I can't utilize the wireless. due to a security key on the device.>>

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password or other device security measures. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message or an email. Thank you for your understanding.

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

Since the subject matter of your thread revolves around such information, this topic/thread is now closed to further posting.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 29 October 2010 - 11:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users