Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pesky Trojan evades me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Way2Tricky

Way2Tricky

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

Hi,

Been fighting with what I believe to be a trojan on my system for awhile now. Think it came from
a virus my AV program found awhile back and cant seem to get rid of the leftovers ?

What I see is that when I run Malwarebytes, it comes up with two Trojan Agents ...

Files Infected:
G:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\c.ini (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
G:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\desktops.ini (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

No matter how many times I select "Remove Selected", it will end up showing back up shortly. Im pretty
sure a active task is somewhere recreating them but can't find which one.

Also,

When I run Hijack, there are a few entries that also concern me ..

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 213.171.96.198:80
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local

O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: g:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll

O12 - Plugin for .UVR: G:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPUPano.dll

O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {64551ef4-8228-4f86-af27-a4a16ae5fc97} - G:\WINDOWS\system32\msiebbar.dll

O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - G:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe

Can't fix the 018 - Filter Hijack line as it is always instantly replaced. Really do not see anything effecting my
pc as far as function, but do not like this sitting on my system for obvious reasons.

Windows XP Pro Sp3

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users