Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggestions on Router Filters against attack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Becky99

Becky99

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

Hi all -- can anyone give me some advice on how to configure my router to avoid port scanning type attacks? I've looked at shields up and all that, drop pings, but for example, digging a little deeper I find that attackers might use the "TCP SYN" scan for example. Is there a way to setup a router to avoid these types of intrusions? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HighDesertBum

HighDesertBum

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

Hi all -- can anyone give me some advice on how to configure my router to avoid port scanning type attacks? I've looked at shields up and all that, drop pings, but for example, digging a little deeper I find that attackers might use the "TCP SYN" scan for example. Is there a way to setup a router to avoid these types of intrusions? Thanks!

What type of router do you own?

I did find this but doubt you have a Cisco appliance. Maybe your router supports access-lists though... The principle would still apply.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/technologies_tech_note09186a00800f67d5.shtml

Edited by HighDesertBum, 26 October 2010 - 02:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users