Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 infected computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tbodway

tbodway

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

Hi,

I have been having issues with my netbook and laptop for about the last week. The trouble started with the netbook, and a day or two later, the same things started happening on the laptop. It started with random pop-ups and redirections such as google-analytics, epoclick, and clicksor. Some pages will load, then go to blank screen. Tried running malwarebytes and deleting cache, has not helped. The netbook was running thru an unauthorized DNS server, but I put it back to default (assign automatically). The big problem started tonight, on the netbook, I will be connected to the internet (email works and can update programs), but no web pages will load. With firefox, it keeps saying it is updating program, but then cannot finish and repeats the process without ever actually loading the program. Explorer will load, but keeps saying cannot display webpage. Sometimes it will change address bar to http:/// after entering a website.

I read that this could be an issue with a trojan with my router. I have a linksys router, and have reset and changed password, but it hasn't helped. The netbook is running XP and the laptop is running windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syamrajk

syamrajk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

So from your words what I can understand is that you r computer must be infected seriously with some malwares,
so you were also referring to a Malware bytes scan that you had done.

If you can attach the log of that particular scan it would be appreciated.

Also to remind you, you must be scanning your computer using the malwarebytes in the normal mode. After ompleting the scan please post the scan results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users