Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet connection very slow since malware virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 shadavis08

shadavis08

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

i had the google redirect ad bomb (or some TDSS maybe ?) and since the repair my internet is like ten times slower connecting to the internet either by cable or wireless , do i need to fix the registry and how would i do this ? or how do i get this issue fixed ? thanks for all your help !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

I would bet that the malware is still active on your computer. The slow internet is probably just a symptom of the underlying problem.

I recommend that you PM Budapest, and request that your first topic be reopened. That way we can check to see if you are still infected before taking any action towards fixing your slow internet. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 shadavis08

shadavis08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

I would bet that the malware is still active on your computer. The slow internet is probably just a symptom of the underlying problem.

I recommend that you PM Budapest, and request that your first topic be reopened. That way we can check to see if you are still infected before taking any action towards fixing your slow internet. :huh:

ok so i just pm him and thats it ?

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

Once the topic is reopened, a member of the Malware Response Team will take over, and give you further instructions.

If you don't get any new replies after a day or so (occasionally malware topics are accidentally overlooked, especially if they already have replies), post back in this topic (or PM me), and I'll get somebody to help you. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

Since the original topic is still in place, I'll close this topic in order to avoid any confusion.

I verified that the topic is in place, so it will not be overlooked. Please be patient, it may take a few days until you get a reply.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users