Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windowvistahomepremium

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sparkie12

sparkie12

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

I'm using vista home premium and when I try to use system restore it comes up unsuccessful. I ran malware scan and turned off system restore to see if that reset it. It still says unsuccessful. Please help. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

When you turn off system restore it erases all restore points. Better to leave it on. Once you have several restore points, you can keep the most recent ones using accessories/system tools/disk cleanup/more options/system restore and shadow copies/cleanup/delete/ok/delete files.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66971-system-restore.html

#3 dodes

dodes

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

Please be more specific about this issue in general. Do you get this error when you turn system restore off, on, create a restore point, or try to restore to an earlier time? What exactly does the error message say?

Disabling system restore and rebooting removes all restore points on the system, whereas using disk cleanup to remove restore points removes all restore points except for the most recent one. The only time I remove all previous restore points from a system is when I suspect that one of them could potentially reinfect the system with malware.
Windows 7 Pro x64
Biostar TH55B-HD
WD Corsair Black 500GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
G-Skill 2x2GB 1066 DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users