Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspect Worm Computer crash and multiple windows-XP sp3

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 d_bayliss

d_bayliss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5755, fault address 0x00023845. this error occurs often..it started approx. 2 weeks ago..i uninstalled all unneeded programs..I ran scan disk and defrag utilities..and ran maleware bytes.multiple times..no issues

2 days ago..upgraded my norton to 360...backup up files and ran a deep scan..(65 tracking cookies)..deleted..spoke with norton support tonight..they took over the system ran a utility called eraser and still did not find anything..
the browser is Firefox (is updated) the os is XP sp3 and i have read several posts here that lead me to believe that the system is corrupted possibly with a worm.

i did install around the same time a family cyber ware program that required a hard uninstall out of the system registry and it does seem like the problems started to occur at that time..i have posted the linked on procedures preformed..any help would be appreciated..beyond limits here.

hxxp://www.exterminate-it.com/malpedia/remove-family-cyber-alert
thanks
d

Edited by Orange Blossom, 23 October 2010 - 01:10 AM.
Deactivate link and move to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users