Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Search Hijacked, svchost file problems, Popups, Generic Host Process Errors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tsto72

tsto72

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for taking time to review my specific problem. I have used this website in the past to rid my computer of security programs that have hi-jacked my computer. Unfortunately the problem i'm currently having I can't self correct.

The Problems,
My internet redirects everytime I click a link
I often get the same website popups
I've noticed my svchost.exe oftens grows VERY large & consumes all my memory
I often get Generic Host Process for Win32 errors.

Thanks for your help,
Tim

Edited by hamluis, 22 October 2010 - 08:02 PM.
Moved from Malware Removal Logs to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syamrajk

syamrajk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

As it is clear that your computer does have virus infections, first thing you must be doing is to do a scan of your computer.

The best software which I can advice is Malwarebyte Antimalware, there is free version of it availiable over internet.
here is the link for downloading the same http://malwarebytes.org/.
download and install it. later do a quick scan and remove all infections that you find using the scan. Then at the end you will get a log about the scan. Please do post that link in order to look in this matter more precisely.
But most of your issues would be fixed with that scan itself,

Also one more suggetion since you are having some website redirections, it might be an issue of "hosts" file corruption.
Some nasty irus do corrupt those files. inorder to give more info on that tell about your computer and also the Operating system that you are using.

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hi there. Yes. MBAM is very good. But one thing I want to tell you is for you to make sure that when you install MBAM you check the boxes labeled launch malwarebytes anti-Malware and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This will ensure that the database of samples is the latest version so that it will have a better chance of catching everything. Good luck.

Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users