Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brite Stor Arc Server Backp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fed5205

fed5205

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

Does any one out there know how to use CA's Britestore Arc Server Back up v 11.5 sp 1. It is running on small business server 2003 with exchange. I am new to this company, they have been using this program , changing the tapes every day but they were backing up nothing. The guy who had set it up had it running incremental backups but told the operator to erase the tapes every night. I have it backing up data at least but our back up is too large for the zip drives tape and I can't get it to recognize the zip drive as a removable drive and therefore it won't let me change the tape to continue the back up on a second media. Most backups are incomplete even when I have it compress the data. There is no manual herefor the software and the CA site does not offer much unless you pay for support which this office cannot do at this time.

I have not even been able to set up a rotation scheme with this program. I don't feel comfortable that this is a good back up solution and I have not tried to restore a file to test it. I've used Veritas in the past and that was much simpler to figure out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Leslie
Leslie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Hey Leslie, do this help? It is the manual for v11.1 but should be similar. http://download.iomega.com/english/manuals/english/ca-arcserve-11-manual.pdf

#3 fed5205

fed5205
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

I'll check it out. It seems to be better than the help section of the program.

thanks

leslie
Leslie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users