Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 - selected item issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gpence

gpence

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

Howdy all,

We use Outlook 2007 SP2 as our email client running on XP Professional SP3. My boss has an interesting thing happening and I need some help correctly this. She used a 3 pane window configuration in Outlook. When she highlights an email (her highlight is cyan) in the inbox she can then read the message in her reading pane. If there is an attachment (usually PDF or Excel in her case) she clicks on it and the appropriate program opens, but when she closes that program and returns to Outlook, the highlighted feature (showing which email she's on in her inbox) is now gone. At first I thought the OS hadn't returned focus on the Outlook window, but that's not the case.

I went to my machine to see about replicating the issue. My cursor is charcoal and when I click on an attachment, the highlighting turns a lighter color of grey. When I return from the attachment, the highlight is still lighter until I click on that (or another) email -- then it turns back to charcoal.

I talked to my boss and she said it didn't used to do this and she didn't intentionally change anything. I looked at changing "selected items" in the Advanced Appearance (Desktop properties) box, but that doesn't seem to have any bearing on the Outlook situation. Does anyone know why this is doing this and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance!
gpence

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users