Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LIBEAY32.dll is missing !!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

I've just recently cleaned out a friends LT, it was totally infested with crap, now i have done all the scans and so on including rootkit removal, i still have this annoying problem, on boot a window is popping up saying LIEAY.exe is missing or corrupt there is two windows and once i click on them to remove everything else is ok, one has in the top left "ZCfgSvc.exe" is missing and the other says "ifrmewrk.exe is missing" i have read that i can download these from particular sites but also read that if i do so i could end up overwriting as these files may still be there but just changed, also i have read that these popup windows may just be false positives which i think not as why would windows open up a window on boot !

TIA all help appreciated !

P.P.S Love the new look on the site looks so more professional !!!!!!

Edited by doinmeedin, 22 October 2010 - 08:54 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

Both of those entries point to Intel PRO/Set Wireless software. I would suggest going to the lap top`s manufacturers site and downloading the appropriate driver\bundled software and reinstalling it.

See if that does`t clear up the error.

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the help Awol but it ain't solved the issue !
Anything else you can think of ?

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

FWIW:

LIBEAY32.dll appears to relate to OpenSSL for Windows, an open-source application that is not native to Windows. OpenSSL is a library that provides cryptographic functionality to applications such as secure web servers.

ZCfgSvc.exe and ifrmewrk.exe relate to wireless drivers, see http://www.file.net/process/zcfgsvc.exe.html and http://www.what-is-exe.com/filenames/ifrmewrk-exe.html.

Louis

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

A few more questions. Does your friend connect by wireless? What program does he use to configure the connection? If you go into Device Manager do any devices show up with a ! or ? by them?

Lets try this. Autoruns. No install is needed. Unzip it. To the Desktop is fine. Double click autoruns.exe. On the Logon tab only, look for those two entries. Remove the check mark and restart the PC. Are the errors gone? If he is using wireless, is the machine able to connect and surf the Internet?

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

FWIW:

LIBEAY32.dll appears to relate to OpenSSL for Windows, an open-source application that is not native to Windows. OpenSSL is a library that provides cryptographic functionality to applications such as secure web servers.

ZCfgSvc.exe and ifrmewrk.exe relate to wireless drivers, see http://www.file.net/process/zcfgsvc.exe.html and http://www.what-is-exe.com/filenames/ifrmewrk-exe.html.

Louis

Thanks Louis. Also just saw that there are to different spellings. The one in the post title and the one in the post. After googleing the LIB spelling, it does point to what you stated.
LIE does not really point to much.

Not sure where I got reference to the wireless connection...unless I had my tabs goofed. :thumbsup:
Thanks.

#7 doinmeedin

doinmeedin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi thunderz, yes my friend connects wireless and tghe wireless adaptor intel®Pro Wireless 3945ABG Network connector has a ! on it and also when i go to the bottom right of screen and right click to see network adaptors and view theres no wireless network adaptor there anymore

#8 doinmeedin

doinmeedin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

Cannot get wireless at all now !!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR after all that beeping work !!!!!

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

I've just recently cleaned out a friends LT, it was totally infested with crap, now i have done all the scans and so on including rootkit removal, i still have this annoying problem, on boot a window is popping up saying LIEAY.exe is missing or corrupt there is two windows and once i click on them to remove everything else is ok, one has in the top left "ZCfgSvc.exe" is missing and the other says "ifrmewrk.exe is missing" i have read that i can download these from particular sites but also read that if i do so i could end up overwriting as these files may still be there but just changed, also i have read that these popup windows may just be false positives which i think not as why would windows open up a window on boot !

TIA all help appreciated !

P.P.S Love the new look on the site looks so more professional !!!!!!

What did you scan with to remove the infections and rootkit like software?

#10 doinmeedin

doinmeedin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

BTW it isn't LIEAY.exe it's LIBEAY.exe !
@ Cryptodan scanned with Mbam,SAS,and ESET to get rid of rootkit i used Sophos, also got rid of some crap, which i knew was crap, using Hijackthis ?
I then installed AVG 11 then everything was working fine apart from the LIBEAY.exe window on boot then something popped up after about 24hrs of working great, then i clicked it on the red X in the top right of it and bang it unistalled my intelŪPro Wireless 3945ABG Network connector plus drivers, which i have now replaced but cannot get back on line wirelessly, i can get online via ethernet but not wirelessly, as i said, when i go to the bottom right of screen and right click to see network adaptors and view theres no wireless network adaptor there anymore in the network adaptors window, just the wired LAN connectors !!!!

So please help me, even if i have to start all over again thanks !

#11 doinmeedin

doinmeedin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

I see ! it's the same old thing when you initially post you get loadds of people trying to help you then after that, no one !!!!!!

Thanks everybody !

#12 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

The final decision is your`s. If it was a root kit, depending on it`s family, a format and fresh install is sometimes suggested. You got a couple suggestions but did not go follow them or answer as to why you did`t.

Having reread the thread my suggestion is either nuke and pave or post in AII.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

As stated...suggestions were presented to you, based on the data you presented.

Sometimes...users have to help themselves...by making choices based on the info that the members who don't have the system...have provided.

Your topic title...seems to me that all the information that could be reasonably provided you...has been provided.

Louis

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

What was detected, and to add to what Louis said some of us do have families and jobs to take care of. Realife does infact come first. So if I do not reply right now, that doesn't mean I am ignoring you, it means that something else came up that needed to be tended too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users