Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

c drive image -how to burn to a single layer dvd?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 evergreen1

evergreen1

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

i have prepared the drive image of my c drive which comes to around 6 GB. it is not possible to burn it to a single layer dvd. then how can i burn it to two single layer dvds? i should be able to boot the system with this image dvd when it crashes .plz help. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:36 AM

What means are you using to create the image? Assuming you mean the final compressed image is 6GB in size, it should be possible in the imaging software to choose the output image file to be split to DVD size. When I use Acronis TrueImage, this option is one I can choose before creating the image. Then I can either burn the first segment onto the bootable recovery media DVD and the second onto another, or have a boot CD and the split file on 2 DVDs and once TI is booted up, change to the first DVD and direct TI to it.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users