Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP MCE Crashes after each installation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kodi15033

Kodi15033

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple days ago my computer started input lagging and eventually just stopped responding. It forced me to restart it manually and when I came back I got the error "ntldr is missing" so I deleted the partition and reinstalled Windows Xp media center. So it runs fine and after a few minutes in the desktop, it shows input lag and freezes again... This next time the error was "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" and I went into the windows recovery console and tried to run Chkdsk /r but it would get to 75% then just drop back down to 50% each time. After the crashes, anything i tried usually froze. If I waited overnight i could reinstall windows and this would all happen again. I even tried to upgrade my dell c521 bios from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 and it is still happening. I do not know what to do anymore and have researched as much as one could on their own.
Please tell me you guys have an Idea of what is going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hi Kodi15033, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

If you know what the manufacturer of your hdd, go to their web site and download their diagnostic tool and run it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users