Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC wont start up at all after a "Crash"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bcordone

bcordone

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

I was doing something (On youtube) and all of a sudden my pc flashed a BSOD too fast for me to read and automaticly re-booted...

Now when I try to boot it I get a black screen with a blinking - at the top left and I cant get anywhere

The motherboard screen thing comes up fine and I can press f8 to acess the boot device menu but whatever option I pick gives me the same error- a blinking -.

What should I do? I cant access Safe Mode as I can only mash f8 and get the boot device menu...any later and nothing happens and i am stuck on the blinking - pf death.

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected at user request ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 22 October 2010 - 02:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bcordone

bcordone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:27 AM

Update: I tried a repair install after someone else on the fourm had a simulat problem ... it showed promise but when it rebooted after "repairing" it I still have the blinking -.

Any help? I kinda need my pc working once again. and I DONT want to format it... im not sure if that will even fix it at this rate.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

FWIW: Black Screen (fixmbr) - http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#4 bcordone

bcordone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

Got rid of the black screen... I had/have some kind of virus that attacked my master boot record and totally decimated it I reinstalled windows (not formatted) and fixed the mbr

Now I have no drivers for my video and sound card and ALL of my updates were rolled back (I blame the repair installation I tried)

so Now I have no audio.

Can somone move it to the "AM I infected?" forum?

Can someone help me with the nivdia and HD REALTEK drivers?

My internet explorer is also the really old version and I am updating it.

#5 bcordone

bcordone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

Alright installed drivers and it seems mostly fixed... its running slightly slower however now... any way to fix this?

Malwarebytes and SAS found some trojans and removed them however my pc is still about 20% slower then it used to be.

For example when I start task manager I used to have the processes running thing on the bottum show up immedately

Now it takes about 5 seconds to show up.

Edited by bcordone, 22 October 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#6 bcordone

bcordone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

Trying to open disc defragger gives me a "MMC Cannot open the file c:/Windows32/dfrg.msc" error

Saying It might not exist, is not on MMC console or created by a later version. it also says I might not have rights to access it

I really want my computer to return to its normal pretty damn fast state... not this weird 70 oercent efffincency its doing now

MBAM and SAS is now comming up clean as well. so I have NO CLUE why its slower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users