Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Floppy Diskette Lod Failure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wld002

wld002

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

I am having an issue when I start or restart my computer. It is a Dell Dimension E310 with windows xp. When I turn the computer on it comes up to a black screen with a floppy diskette search failure with the option to press F1 to continue to Windows or F2 to go system setup or something. How to I fix this issue? I've read to go to the BIOS and turn of the notification or something but I don't know how to get to the BIOS screen,

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

The prompt to go to F2 is the access to the Bios.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 wld002

wld002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

But how do I turn off the diskette search failure notice so I don't have to press F1 every time I restart my computer?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

You can find instructions for disabling the floppy here. Once you get to Drive section you will want to go to Diskette Drive and turn of the floppy drive there. When you go to exit remember to save the changes and then exit.

The instructions are pretty clear, but if you have any questions post them back here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users