Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Belkin Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 espinet

espinet

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:50 AM

Hello all,

I bought a "Belkin F5D7633UK ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router" and yes, as its predecessor the "Belkin F5D7632 54G Wireless Modem/Router" it's very easy to set up and you get access to it and the internet in no time. But when I try to configure it's security utilities not much works. In fact nothing seems to be working. For example, there is an option to save your current settings, that one more or less works, saves your settings into a .conf file -you can read it with a text editor. But when you try to restore using that file, all it does is to restart the router.

Also problems with the MAC address filter. That one should allow you to create a list of computers with access to the network (as they explain in the manual). So if the computer's MAC address is listed then it has access. Unfortunately it has the opposite effect: I added one of my computers to the list and the router disconnects it inmediately and rejects network access to that computer, while all other still have access to the net :thumbsup: !

Also noticed other problems (even security problems -someone external to the network could capure personal information!) but won't bore you any more with this. If you have this router and experience similar problems it would be great if you could let me know; I haven't being able to find any reviews on this particular model and I don't know if it is just a one of case and should try to replace it :flowers: .

Thanks for the help

Edited by espinet, 20 November 2005 - 05:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donzo44

donzo44

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:39 AM

Hi

Should NOT work like you say. Sounds like it's faulty so get a replacement.

Regards

Bryan
Dual Opteron 250's, 1.6TB, youngest son still at home, large electricity bill

#3 espinet

espinet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:47 PM

Yeah, think you're right. Found couple of reviews and they talk about how great the router is! well never mind then, I'll try to digg out the receipt...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users