Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

printer status error on Vista-XP network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DELK

DELK

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

I have been printing happily from my Vista laptop through a printer attached to my XP pc for some time. Now, suddenly, the laptop shows the printer status as ERROR consistently. Also, nothing happens when I attempt to cancel the document other than a never ending DELETING message which eventually goes away leaving the same 1 document and ERROR as before. The printer menu on the XP pc shows ready and 0 documents at the same time as the laptop shows the error message. I uninstalled the printer on the laptop and re-installed it only to have the first test page give the error status again. The printer works fine from the XP pc and both laptop and pc have printer sharing checked. What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

I would try turning printer spooler service off...and then resetting it.

Uninstalling the printer by itself may not be enough...you also need to uninstall the printer software via Add/Remove Programs.

I've had this happen before but don't remember how I solved it :huh:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users