Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time to update Windows again!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:03 PM

It is time to update again! Microsoft has released their October update yesterday and there are 10 updates.

7 of these updates are labeled Critical while the other 3 are labeled important. It is imperitive that everyone visits http://www.windowsupdate.com to upgrade their systems so they are not susceptible to these vulnerabilities.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 13 October 2004 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the information. I guess that one of the negative things about having such a popular OS, is that there are more people trying to take advantage of holes.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2004 - 04:30 PM

I just checked this DL info-I have WINXP SP2 and MSIE 6.0 SP2. The only fix I could see that applied to me is #834707 which is for MSIE 6.0 SP2. The others didn't apply to the upgraded SP2 WIN XP. I think these updates are for the poor people who use WIN 98 and ME. THey were told( or heard thru the grapeview-from pundidts!!) a few weeks back that they would no longer be supported for security updates-poor devils- :flowers:
How about the person that posted here a week or so ago that was running WIN 95-MS should seek him out and present him with WIN XP just to celebrate his loyalty to Microsoft. :thumbsup:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:52 PM

Thanks, Grinler.
Just went and got them.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2004 - 06:11 AM

Got my updates last night. I was surprised at how long it took. About an hour. WOW!

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:50 AM

Thanks Im sure auto update has or will get them to me soon! Ill just go get them....
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users